- Lobbyist Definition
- Lobbyist Database
- Registered Lobbyists
- Contact Logs
- Annual Statements
- Lobbyist Registration
The definition of lobbyist under the Broward County Code of Ethics is as follows:
"Lobbyist" means a person who is retained, with or without compensation, for the purpose of lobbying, or a person who is employed by another person or entity, on a full-time or part-time basis, principally to lobby on behalf of that other person or entity. "Lobbyist" does not include a person who is:
- An Elected Official, employee, or appointee of Broward County or of any municipality within Broward County communicating in his or her official capacity.
- An individual who communicates on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of a person or entity employing the individual on a full-time or part-time basis, unless the individual is principally employed by that person or entity to lobby.
- Any employee, officer, or board member of a homeowners' association, condominium association, or neighborhood association when addressing, in his or her capacity as an employee, officer, or board member of such association, an issue impacting the association or its members; or
- Any employee, an officer, or a board member of a nonprofit public interest entity (e.g., Sierra Club, NAACP, ACLU) when addressing an issue impacting a constituent of that entity.
- Click here to view the Town Code on Lobbyist Regulations.
2016 Registered Lobbyists
2015 Registered Lobbyists
2014 Registered Lobbyists
2013 Registered Lobbyists
2012 Registered Lobbyists
To promote full and complete transparency, lobbyists and their principals or employers who intend to meet or otherwise communicate with an Elected Official for the purpose of engaging in lobbying activities, either at the Elected Official's offices or elsewhere on the Town's premises, must complete a contact log listing each Elected Official with whom the lobbyist, principal, or employer meets or intends to meet or communicate.
If you would like to view a copy of the logs, please contact the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 640-4201.
Click here to complete the Lobbyist's Contact Log.