Planning & Zoning Board
- The Planning & Zoning Board generally meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 6PM. P&Z Board members also serve as the Board of Adjustment, which only meets as necessary on the same day P&Z meetings are held. The BOA has the legal authority to conduct quasi-judicial hearings on applications for variances from the Town’s land development regulations in accordance with the procedures outlined in the Code of Ordinances. The Board’s decisions are advisory to the Commission. Recommendations are later reviewed by the Town Commission.
- Jarvis Hall
4505 N Ocean Drive
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL 33308
Agendas, Minutes, & Videos
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Wayne Dillistin
- Ron Piersante
- David Chanon
- Christina Buerosse
- Alan Bluestein (1st Alternate)
- Patricia Omana (2nd Alternate)
The Planning and Zoning Board:
- Acts in an advisory capacity to the Town Commission on questions relating to zoning and proposed changes to zoning regulations. It sends its findings and recommendations to the Town Commission.
- Studies any existing Town plan with the view to improving the plan as its provides for the development, general improvement and probable future growth of the Town. From from time to time it also makes recommendations to the Town Commission for possible changes on the existing Town plan.
- Investigates and reviews new plats before they are presented to the Town Commission.
- Performs other duties requested the Town Commission.
Local Planning Agency
The Planning and Zoning Board is also designated as the Town's Local Planning Agency. Its duties are:
- Conduct the comprehensive planning program and prepare the Comprehensive Plan or elements or portions thereof for the Town in accordance with the requirements provided by law.
- Coordinate said Comprehensive Plan or elements or portions thereof with the comprehensive plans of other appropriate local governments and the State of Florida as may be required by law.
- Recommend possible Comprehensive Plan changes to the Town Commission for adoption.
- Monitor and oversee the effectiveness and status of the Comprehensive Plan and recommend proposed changes in the Comprehensive Plan as may be required from time to time.