U.S. Census Information
Here is a YouTube link with helpful instructions on filling out the U.S. Census.
Here is a YouTube link to a helpful U.S. Census video.
April 1st is U.S. Census Day.
Here is a a link where you can complete the Census online!
We Can Do It!
Did you know that only 46 percent of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea residents responded to the U.S. census in 2010?
This response rate was far below the Broward County and overall statewide response rate of 65 percent.
For the 2020 Census, the Town is challenging residents to be counted in a major way! We want to exceed the previous response rate by at least 20 percent!
Please be sure to look out for your invitation code to respond to the Census. It will arrive within the next two weeks!
Let’s show our neighboring communities that We Count In Lauderdale-By-The-Sea!
Ten myths about the U.S Census
Here’s a link to article that busts 10 common myths about the U.S. Census.
Mark Your Calendar: Important 2020 Census Dates
- March 12-20: Initial invitations to respond online and by phone will be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. Areas that are less likely to respond online will receive a paper questionnaire along with the invitation to respond online or over the phone.
- March 16-24: Reminder letters will be delivered.
- March 26-April 3: Reminder postcards will be delivered to households that have not responded.
- April 8-16: Reminder letters and paper questionnaires will be delivered to remaining households that have not responded.
- April 20-27: Final reminder postcards will be delivered to households that have not yet responded before census takers follow up in person.
- May 13-July 31: If a household does not respond to any of the invitations, a census taker will follow up in person.
Here’s a link to what the U.S. Census questionnaire will look like.
Here’s a link to the U.S. Census press release inviting all residents to participate in the Census.
Here’s a link to a video about U.S. Census jobs.
Town encourages all residents to complete Census
The Town has created a Complete Census Committee to encourage all residents to complete the census. The U.S. Census Bureau is heavily recruiting citizens to fill thousands of positions to assist with the census in South Florida. There are a variety of temporary jobs available, including census takers, recruiting assistants, office staff and supervisory staff. To be eligible for a Census job, you must: — Be at least 18 years old. — Have a valid Social Security number. — Be a U.S. citizen. — Have a valid e-mail address. — Complete an application and answer assessment questions. — Be registered with the Selective Service System, or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959. — Pass a criminal background check; this includes being fingerprinted. — Commit to completing training. — Be available to work flexible hours, including days, evenings and/or weekends. Most census jobs require workers to have: — A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. — Access to a computer with internet access. If you are ready to earn extra income while helping Lauderdale By-The-Sea, you can apply online. If you have additional questions regarding the upcoming census, please contact Jhanelle Campbell in Town Hall at 954-640-4219.