Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Division is committed to preserving and enhancing the quality of life within Town by offering professional solutions and ensuring that all new construction projects or new businesses within the Town positively affect the quality of life for our residents, businesses and visitors.
This aim is achieved by the Division's primary responsibility of administering the Town's Zoning and Land Development Regulations, which are commonly known as the "Zoning Code." The Zoning Code outlines specific requirements regarding permitted uses, building setbacks, use separations, density, height and location as well as parking, landscaping, signage, etc.
Other responsibilities of the Planning and Zoning Division include, but are not limited to:
- Review of new development and redevelopment projects.
- The review and processing of Business Tax Receipts, which includes home businesses, residential rentals, boat dock rentals, and vacation rentals.
- Issuing Zoning Letters verifying permitted uses and zoning information for properties.
- Updating U.S. Census information.
- Providing flood zone and flood elevation information.
- Drafting of amendments/revisions to the Towns Code of Ordinances.
- Processing, preparing and presenting applications to the Board of Adjustment and the Planning and Zoning Board.
- The issuance of Right-of-Way permits.
- Administering and maintaining the Land Development Code.
- Assisting the Local Planning Agency with the Towns Comprehensive Plan.
- Reviewing of all Building Permits Applications.
- Reviewing of all Sidewalk Café Permit Applications.
- Reviewing of Temporary Sign Permit Applications.
- Reviewing of all Sidewalk Encroachment Applications.
- Reviewing of all Tree Removal Permits.
- Reviewing of all Special Event Permit Applications.
- Maintaining the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) for the Town along with Municipal Services.
- Maintaining the Community Rating System (CRS) for the Town along with Municipal Services.