Monthly Reports
Business Tax Receipts
Code Compliance
Common Code Violations
Planning & Zoning
Starting a Business



The Town contracts with CAP Goverrnment to provide residents and contractors with Building Department services. A staffer handles permit applications from 8AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday in the Development Services Department, which is adjacent to Town Hall.

If you plan to alter, remodel, relocate or install any structural, electrical, plumbing or mechanical portion of your home, you will need to obtain a Building Permit.

Permits are also needed for replacing or installing hot water heaters, air conditioning systems, pavers, pool decks, etc.  

Building permits are also generally required if you replace something in your home, regardless of the cost. For example, if you install a new fence in your yard, a permit is needed, even if the cost is less than $1,500.  

If you are not sure if you need a Building Permit, please call 954-640-4215. 


All content 2004-2015 Town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL and its representatives. All rights reserved.