Assistant Town Manager
Sharon RagoonanAssistant Town ManagerPhone: 954-640-4212Current Responsibilities
Assistant Town Manager Sharon Ragoonan is a seasoned professional manager in municipal government. She was appointed to the position in July 2017 to assist the Town Manager in administration of Town operations and activities. Her areas of responsibility include oversight of the Department of Development Services, management of the Parking and Solid Waste operations, and coordination of special projects and community initiatives.
Her career in public service started in 1995 as an entry-level clerk in the City of North Miami Beach where she advanced to the position of Assistant Director of Community Development during her 14-year tenure with the organization. Sharon worked in small suburbs to large metropolitan communities located in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties as:
- Director of Building and Code Compliance in Miami Gardens
- Assistant City Manager in Sunny Isles Beach
- Building and Minimum Housing Manager in North Miami
- Code Compliance Manager in Fort Lauderdale
- Village Manager of Biscayne Park in 2016
Active in her community, Sharon is a member of the Professional Management Matters Committee of the Florida City/County Management Association (FCCMA). She held board appointments with:
- Broward County Planning Council
- Florida Atlantic University Broward Alumni Association
- Jasmine Lakes Condominium Association
- North Dade YMCA
- Trinidad & Tobago South Florida Chamber of Commerce
Deeply concerned about the level of individual debt in today’s society, Sharon and a business partner launched a national financial literacy campaign known as “Generation Debt Free” to teach teen-agers the basic life skills of managing money.
Ms. Ragoonan holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Florida Atlantic University. She was recognized by the Governor’s Mentoring Initiative and completed the prestigious National Forum for Black Public Administrators Mentor Program.