Tennis Court Rules
The Town has two tennis courts in Friedt Family Park on Bougainvilla Drive behind Town Hall. The courts are open daily from 7 A.M. to 10 P.M. Court keys are available in Town Hall to Town residents for a fee.
Here are the rules:
1. Courts are for tennis play only.
2. Tennis players assume all responsibility and liability for their use of the courts.
3. Tennis courts are for the use of players with Town court key. Guests must be accompanied by a key holder.
4. From November through April until 11 A.M., doubles play (two pairs) has priority when people are waiting. Please limit play to a mini-set of the first team to win 3 games. The tie-breaker is played when the score is tied 2-2 and decided when a team wins 7 points by 2 or more points. A rotation among players is encouraged.
5. Appropriate tennis attire and non-marking shoes is required.
6. The safety of all players is top priority:
— No more than four balls per court when both courts are in use.
— No sitting or leaning on court nets or posts.
— Glass containers are strictly prohibited.
— Only children playing tennis are allowed on courts.
7. Offensive or rude behavior (or rule violations) may result in your being suspended from using the courts.
8. Paid tennis lessons may be given only by a Town-approved tennis instructor.